Thursday 12 April 2012

A new trick on an old phone

I recently rediscovered that my phone had the internet on it.  I'd known this all along, but some 4 years ago when I got this phone I remember the internet being expensive.  I was a student.  I couldn't afford this technology, this luxury.

This past two years I've had free internet service on my contract.  It was only a very short time ago that I thought about this, that talking about how appalling my mothers phone is for 'surfing the net', and then I realised....my phone could do this.

With very little battery I checked if there was a local Dunelm Mill, and found instructions as to how to get there on google.  I 'facebooked' about my little discovery, and checked later for updates.

I then tried to find 'apps' which may work on my phone.  I was horrified that in this day and age of computers, phones and apps, that I'd have to pay at least £1 and up to £5 for a simple game, or other app.

So for now, my phone will remain a phone, a messaging tool, a camera.  And I will be continuing to search for my next phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment